Saturday, January 5, 2013

12 Runs in 2012



It's been almost a year since I started my blog and I've only crossed a few items off my 40 before 40 List
So, what exactly have I been up to this past year? 

Well...I've been running, and when I say running I mean running A Lot!

I signed up for a variety of runs this past year and decided to do 12 runs in 2012!

Some of my running paraphernalia from 2012
Below are the races I participated in 2012:

January 2012 - Whole Foods Fun Run 10K
March 2012 - Shamrock'n Half Marathon 13 miles
April 2012 - Big Sur 10.6 miles
May 2012 - The Relay Run
June 2012 - Women's Fitness Run 5K
July 2012 - The Color Run 5K
October 2012 - Nike Women's Marathon 26.2 miles
October 2012 - The Zombie Run 5K
October 2012 - Four Bridges Half Marathon 13 miles
November 2012 - The Apple Hill Harvest Run 10K
December 2012 -  Jingle Bell Run  10K
December 2012 - Fleet Feet Holiday Classic Run 5K

All of the races were special for one reason or another. 
I've highlighted some of the ones that were unique and that I haven't blogged about before.

The Shamrock'n Half Marathon was my first half marathon and I have to say that I really enjoyed this race.
At every mile along the race there were live bands and at the end of the race you finish in a stadium.
Chariots of Fire anyone, how cool is that? 
My first Half Marathon

The Color Run was a race that I did with a group of my girlfriends - it was a blast!  Everyone starts the race off wearing white and by the end of the race you are colored from head to toe.



Tracy, Trish, Melissa, Jen and Me
I adore this picture!

Us after the Color Run!


Another fun race was the Zombie Run.  Despite our shirts that read, "I Luv Zombies," our lives (which were flags) were stolen from us by zombies in the first five minutes of the race.

Awesome zombie attire for the race!


The same weekend as the Zombie Run, I ran the Four Bridges Half Marathon the next day.
This was the first long distance race I've run with someone from beginning to end.
B and Me


The Jingle Bell Race was a very small race in Folsom. 
I have to brag a little here, I was first place in my age group (yeah me). 
Nevermind that there were only 20 women - it's all about bragging rights and I'll take whatever I can get!
 Jingle Bell Run Women's Age Group 30 - 40


What about...2013?

I've been asked several times if I'm going to be running 13 races in 2013 and to be honest,
I'm not sure. 
But then again., my motto is there is always a finish line to cross somewhere!

So, you never know...



2 comments: