Saturday, September 29, 2012

# 18 Sailing




    
A few months back, I was invited to go sailing... 

My friend T, found out that I had 40 before40 list and he surprised me by booking a sunset cruise in the San Francisco bay. 
On the day of our sailing adventure we met in SF and the weather was overcast and a bit chilly.
We made our way to the yacht club and met John, our Captain.  We had just enough time to grab some snacks, a drink and then we were off venturing out to sea on a boat named, Temptation.  
Our boat Temptation - interesting name don't you think?
 
I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed that the weather wasn’t ideal for sailing but John assured T and I that the sun would emerge once we made our way out onto open water.
Well... he was exactly right!
The clouds disappeared, the sky turned blue and warm sun made an impressive appearance.  
 
The sun finally!

During our sailing excursion, John told us some tall tales of people he’s chartered around in his sail boat throughout the years.  I won’t go into details, but he’s had some pretty unbelievable experiences that ranged from initiated divorce proceedings to cross dressing engagements!  It was quite comical and entertaining to hear him recollect about his time at sea. 
John our awesome Captain!
 
Me, looking like I know what I'm doing!
We sailed by Angel Island and we ended up docking at Sam’s café in Tiburon for a drink before heading back to the city.  Once we were back on the boat and at sea, the sun had set the city lights danced on the water as they welcomed us back into SF. 
My sailing adventure was so much fun.  There’s just something about sailing and being on the ocean water that makes me feel so at peace…
 
 
 
Special thank you to my friend T for taking an interest and helping me cross off 
#18 on my 40 before 40 List!

No comments:

Post a Comment